Spondon Neighbourhood Team
Spondon is part of the North East Area. Your Neighbourhood Team is based at The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS.
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sarah Dosunmu, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
Graeme Walton, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
Beckie Hudson, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you have concerns about your neighbourhood, wish to complain about anti-social behaviour you can contact the Spondon Safer Neighbourhood Team by:
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about Safer Neighbourhoods on the Derbyshire Police website, and see their page about the Spondon Safer Neighbourhood Team.
Spondon Neighbourhood Forum
If you have an interest in your local area, you can go to one of Spondon Neighbourhood Forum's open public meetings. The meetings take place around every three months.
For more information about neighbourhood forums, visit our Neighbourhood working - information page.
Spondon Neighbourhood Forum dates and papers for 2017/18
Find out more about Neighbourhood Forum meetings.
Spondon Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Spondon Neighbourhood Board 2017/18
Derby City Council's Councillor Representatives
- Councillor Roulstone
- Councillor Poulter - Chair
- Councillor Williams
- Inspector Lauren Woods - Derbyshire Police
- Samragi Madden - Healthwatch Derby
- Susan Miller
- Gay Evans
- Peter Berry
Community organisations' representatives
- Kevin Hoult - Spondon Dynamos FC
- Mark Davis - Spondon Traders Association
- Danielle Coates - Spondon Young Parent Group
- Tom Strachan - Neighbourhood Watch
Youth Club Representatives
- Clarissa Norbury-Swannick - Youth Club
- Nicole Cokayne - Youth Club
Spondon Neighbourhood Board council advisors
- Sarah Dosunmu - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Ruth Hardy - Senior Youth Worker Manager
- Tim Banton - North Area Traffic Management Manager
Your neighbourhood priorities for 2017/18
- 1. Build a Stronger Spondon Community
- Communicate work of Spondon Board and promote ways to get involved
- Gather views of young people and engage them in decisions
- Promote ways to get involved
- Support formation of community groups
- 2. Improve highways and transport in Spondon
- Maintain and make roads and footways safer in Spondon
- Improve accessibility of facilities
- Reduce vehicle parking issues, and improve public transport and cycling in the Village centre
- Reduce heavy goods vehicles through the Village
- Improve the footways around Sandringham Drive/Dale Road area
- 3. Improve the environment in Spondon
- Improve open spaces
- Reduce the challenges posed by climate change
- Reduce dog mess and litter
- 4. Being safe and feeling safe
- Reduce antisocial behaviour
- Crime prevention
- Reduce the fear of crime
- Improve safety around schools
- Improve community safety in Spondon
- 5. Create a thriving and vibrant Spondon
- Create a thriving and vibrant Spondon
- Promote Spondon as a place to live, shop and visit
- Develop and improve positive activities and facilities for young people
- Promote and improve activities and facilities for older people
- Promote community events
How can I join the Spondon Neighbourhood Board?
If you are interested in joining your local Neighbourhood Board, or your community group is interested in nominating a representative, download, complete and return an application formor contact us.
Local events, news, activities and forms
Spondon Neighbourhood Board, working in partnership with Spondon Online, provides a free monthly electronic Spondon Neighbourhood Newsletter to keep you in touch with all the latest community news, projects and events happening in and around Spondon. If want to subscribe visit the Spondon Online website and sign up now
Child Pedestrian Training - Road safety training funded by the Board for Spondon
Children Centres- open days and hours & Activities
Locality 1 - Activities Booklet
Spondon Neighbourhood Board funding form
For more information on what neighbourhood forums and boards are, and how to access funding for local projects and community groups, visit the Neighbourhood partnerships – information page.
Community and partnership websites