The Garden Recycling Scheme 2017 is now open for applications, so sign up today using our online form and let us make gardening easier for you.
What benefits does the service offer?
- Regular collections of your garden waste.
- You can have more than one bin, so you can arrange a service that suits your needs.
- 16 fortnightly collections over the season, costing £40 for your first bin and £20 for each additional bin.
- A small brown bin option if you produce a small amount of compostable garden waste, costing just £25 per annum.
- Know that your waste gets turned into compost - you are doing your bit for the environment!
Ways to sign up without internet access
You can sign up for the service in a number of ways. The easiest way is to sign up online but you can also sign up in the following ways:
- Sign up and pay over the phone, call 0333 200 6981 between 09.00am and 03.00pm. You will need a credit or debit card to make your payment.
- Pay by cash or cheque at the Council House.
- Pay by cheque (Garden waste cheque form 2017)
I have signed up, when will my garden recycling collection be?
Your garden recycling day will most likely be on either your black bin or blue bin collection day. For a small number of households your garden recycling collection day may differ - this is to ensure that the collection rounds are run as efficiently as possible.
If you sign up by 9th March, your welcome pack will be with you before the first collection. Please look out for it in the post as it contains your membership sticker that will need to go on your bin and your collection day information.
The first garden recycling scheme collections take place between 11th April and 21st April 2017.
More information and useful forms
For more information view our Garden waste FAQs which are updated regularly. You can also read the Garden Waste Terms and Conditions for further information.
Below are some links to forms you may find useful: