What does the Regeneration Projects Service do?
We promote Derby's physical regeneration and economic development by:
- supporting job creation
- encouraging investment
- promoting city centre vibrancy.
How do we do this?
Our approach is based on:
- Leading and co-ordinating the Council's interests in relation to major strategic projects
- Partnership – working on a partnership or Joint Venture basis with private sector partners
- Managing the Council's Regeneration Investment Fund and ensuring that the Council's assets are seeking external funding support wherever possible
- Community – keeping a focus on the needs of the community, including the businesses and customers.
What are the key projects?
- Regeneration Investment Fund – to create a quality commercial office market in Derby city centre.
- Castleward Urban Village – to create a largely self-contained ‘urban village’ of 800 homes on land between the city centre and the railway station.
- Osmaston Vision – to work with the local community and Rolls Royce to transform this area that has suffered from industrial blight and neglect in the past.
- To work with our two independent Business Improvement Districts to promote the interests of businesses in the city centre.
- City Centre Regeneration Framework – this provides a framework for the physical development of the city centre.
- Strategic Projects – we have a host of other regeneration projects of strategic significance including projects to support local investment by our major manufacturers and projects to address significant areas of neglect in the city centre.
If you would like further information on these or any other projects we are working on, please contact us.