Household Support Fund
Household Support Fund notice
This new Household Support Fund (HSF3) is now open and available until 31 March 2023, or until funding is fully used.
How does the scheme work?
Financial support will be provided in the following ways for Derby households:
- Households with families will be supported during the term breaks in October 2022, Christmas 2022 and February 2023, at £20 per child per week. This will continue to be distributed as voucher codes, through schools, with one payment in October and December 2022 and February 2023.
- An online form is available for residents to apply for financial support. Applicants will need to provide supporting evidence in the form of a bank statement for the last month as well as proof you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.
Households could be eligible for a one-off award of:
- £120 for a household with children aged 18 or under when the application is made
- £100 for a couple with no children
- £80 for a single person
A group of trusted referrers, consisting of Council services and partner organisations from across the city can also be able to refer the households they are working with for financial support.
We aim to make payment within 10 working days after receiving your application, but this will take longer if we need more information to process your application.
- The fund will also provide financial support for up to 40 local services and organisations across the city to further develop a community led cost of living support network that includes a warm welcome, hot meal, help towards energy cost as well as help accessing other cost of living support. More details will follow shortly.
Where can vouchers be used?
Vouchers can be redeemed at any combination of the supermarket chains:
- Marks and Spencer
The goods you purchase using the vouchers will hopefully release some household income to spend on other items such as cost of heating.