Contact Trading Standards

Citizens Advice consumer service

For consumer concerns and issues, you should first contact the Citizens Advice consumer service either by calling them on 03454 04 05 06 or by completing their online form. Their website also contains advice and guidance. If you believe that illegal activity is taking place at a premises then you can contact the Police or report it anonymously to Crimestoppers.

Primary Authority 

We operate a Primary Authority Partnership scheme for businesses that trade across council boundaries. This means that qualifying businesses can enter into a legally recognised partnership with us, receiving an agreed package of advice and support.

Buy With Confidence 

The Buy With Confidence scheme means consumers can purchase goods and services from an approved trader. Businesses must apply to become a part of the Buy With Confidence scheme. 

Business Advice 

Derby City Trading Standards offer advice to businesses within the city so they are compliant with the law. 

On this page: