Derby jobs brokerage service
Are you struggling to recruit?
Do you want to recruit more diversely?
Do you want to recruit to develop your workforce skills?
We can help your business.
We provide an impartial business brokerage and support service, ensuring you recruit the right staff to support your business to grow. All at no cost to you or your business.
We work with you to understand your recruitment needs and develop bespoke solutions utilising free and funded support through our specialist provider network. Our bespoke recruitment solutions can include any of the following elements:
- marketing and promotion
- Training into Employment
- diversity & inclusion
- data and informed decision making
Marketing and promotion
We can help to increase the visibility of your vacancies through advertising.
Derby Jobs Weekly
Our newsletter Derby Jobs Weekly, developed in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), will advertise your vacancies at no cost. The newsletter is circulated to all employment providers in the city creating increased visibility to job seekers and reaching a new audience of potential talent.
If you would like to advertise your jobs in our newsletter, please complete and submit our job vacancy template.
Derby Jobs Live
A monthly virtual employer spotlight session. Derby-based employers with 30+ jobs have the opportunity to showcase their opportunities to local residents and job seekers. Attendees will find out what it is like to work for the company and how to apply.
Vacancies that require the applicant to have particular training or qualifications will also be discussed. Where required we will work alongside a relevant employment and skills provider to offer the training for the roles.
Derby Jobs Community Live
Taking place at community venues these are face to face events with the sole purpose of increasing the diversity of applicants. The employer is able to present to a cohort linked to a community or other specific cohort. These events are promoted directly by the community group engaged and arranged on request.
BBC Radio Derby
We offer you the opportunity to go on-air and promote your job opportunities via our partnership with DWP and BBC Radio Derby. Raising the profile of your business and the opportunities you are offering.
Employability and skills providers
We have great relationships with employability and skills providers across Derby, who support job seekers into training and employment. We can market your vacancies directly to these providers for them to share with their customers. This includes the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and all Universal Credit (UC) claimants.
Events and job fairs
We can deliver promotional events on your behalf, or connect you to our partners who are delivering job fairs, enabling you to promote your vacancies to thousands of local jobseekers.
Training into Employment
Training into employment provides training and work placement for entry-level jobs. It enables both applicant and employer to understand the ‘match’ to the job.
Training into Employment offer help to those receiving unemployment benefits to transition into employment, unlocking potential talent into the workforce.
Training into Employment can offer placements of up to six weeks and includes three main components:
- pre-employment training – matched to the skills required for the job
- work experience placement – a great opportunity for your business to identify talent on the job and for the individual to cement their knowledge and understanding of the required role
- a guaranteed job interview – to recruit directly into the role you are recruiting.
An important feature of Training into Employment is that each one offers a flexible approach and can be adapted to meet the needs of your business.
Bespoke training package for your business
If you are unable to offer all three components, we can develop a bespoke training package to meet your needs.
Participants remain on benefits while on a Training into Employment placement. The government will pay any travel and childcare costs whilst benefit claimants are on the scheme. There is no direct cost to an employer for running a Training into Employment programme as training and administration costs are covered by government funding.
How your business could benefit
- It’s a flexible programme that can be tailored to meet your recruitment needs.
- You can recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset, developed through fully funded pre-employment training.
- Opportunity to provide work experience placements for potential employees to ensure they are suited to that type of role and your company, decreasing turnover of staff.
- Reduces the risks within the overall process of recruiting new employees.
- Reducing the cost of recruitment, avoiding agency costs for entry-level employment.
- Training into Employment can be tailored to increase the diversity of your workforce by working directly with specific cohorts such as ex-offenders, care leavers, and women, depending upon your recruitment priorities.
- Opportunity for positive publicity to showcase how you are working collaboratively with providers to meet your recruitment needs or corporate social responsibility goals.
Apprenticeships are a great way to grow your own talent within your business, either through recruitment or upskilling your current employees.
Apprenticeships allow people to gain formal qualifications whilst in the workplace through a blended approach of on-the-job training and learning. They can last from one to six years depending on the level of the apprenticeship and they are funded from contributions made by the government and employers. We can also help with funding through our apprenticeship levy transfer.
Employers can also apply for payment of £1,000 for new apprentices who are either:
- aged 16 to 18 years old
- under 25 and have an education, health and care plan or have been in the care of their local authority.
This £1,000 payment will be paid to your training provider, and you will receive it from them.
You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates to people who want to further their careers or change career direction and are already employed within your organisation.
How your business could benefit
There are many benefits to recruiting an apprentice or using apprenticeships to upskill your current workforce. These benefits include:
- having the opportunity to adapt training to the needs of your business
- apprentices are motivated to learn new skills
- the opportunity to expand or upskill your workforce
- fill key skill gaps in your business
- boosting employee engagement, by investing in their development
- improving retention.
To find out more about apprenticeships please visit the Government website Apprenticeships - Hire an apprentice. For an initial discussion on how we can support you, please contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone: 01332 956989.
We can help you recruit graduates into your business. We work closely with the University of Derby, neighbouring universities, and employment support providers, to help you find the best graduates and students to contribute to your business.
There are lots of benefits to recruiting graduates.
Employing a graduate is not only cost-effective due to their entry-level salary, but there is a real current and longer-term return in the investment you gain from their level of knowledge, qualification, and the innovation they bring.
You are also inadvertently investing in their future potential, where you will reap the rewards.
Ready to mould
Graduates are known to be more malleable and willing to adapt, so they become more easily embedded in your culture and way of working.
Solid business skills
Studying helps graduates develop core transferable skills such as written and oral communication, problem-solving, teamwork, presentation, organisation and data analysis.
Graduates are extremely agile and willing to accept change, they learn quickly and can provide more immediate financial returns.
Studies have shown graduates have a higher aptitude for learning and are eager, willing and hungry to learn and prove themselves in the world of work. Providing a career path for a graduate within your organisation can solve succession planning concerns if there is an ageing demographic.
Diversity and inclusion
We can help you to build a more diverse workforce through our bespoke recruitment service.
We can work with you to identify how your recruitment approach could become more inclusive and by utilising our recruitment channels; provide access to an increased and more diverse candidate pool.
By changing the way you recruit, you can connect with new applicants; unlocking talent that will bring benefit to your business.
Diversity within the workforce is evidenced to bring increased benefit to a business, including:
- supporting your commitment to corporate social responsibility
- being more competitive in procurement, in line with the Social Value Act
- having a diverse skill set within your business
- having a variety of ideas and experience within your business
- increased language and cultural awareness
- increased employee engagement and retention.
The CIPD website has published further information on the benefits of an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Data and informed decision making
We can provide analytics and labour market information (LMI) on the roles you are attempting to fill.
We can also provide data on wider sector recruitment activity or drill down into specifics you are interested in. This can help identify trends, competition, and inform your recruitment approach
Examples of job vacancy data we can provide:
- Information Technology and Telecommunications skills demand in Derby
- Economic overview - manufacturing skills in Derby
This forms part of our package of support along with the wider skills LMI, we can provide.
Recruitment is not a stand-alone, it forms part of your workforce development and skills strategy. Sometimes recruitment is not the solution; the solution may lie in upskilling and career progression. We can discuss this with you.