Do you have the right skills in your business, or want to help your current employees to progress?
Do you need to understand the skills gaps in your business?
Do you want to understand the funded support available for training your staff?
We provide an impartial business support service to help you address current and future skills gaps, future-proof your business and ensure your employees have the right skills to support your business growth.
Our support includes an initial consultation, followed by a more detailed skills audit, to help understand your workforce skills, identify gaps and agree on your workforce development priorities.
Once these have been agreed upon, we will work with you to source funded provision to upskill your staff through our vast network of providers. If a funded provision is not available, we will discuss with you, your training and upskilling options.
Our bespoke recruitment solutions can include any of the following elements:
- skills audit
- succession planning / future workforce
- skills data
We can help you develop your employees in line with your business requirements. We can support you with a full skills audit to identify skills gaps within your business and a training needs analysis, to develop solutions. We work closely with a large network of providers who can deliver the required training to your business.
We work in collaboration with the D2N2 Skills Access Hub to deliver our workforce skills audits. Through engagement with our team, we can:
- conduct a training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills you need to support your business ambitions
- define learning pathways for your employees enabling them to progress within your organisation
- identify free and funded training for your employees to ensure you have the skills you require now and in the future.
Benefits to your business
- Developing a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need (94% of employees would stay at their company longer if it invested in their career – LinkedIn Workplace Learning report 2019).
- Future-proofing your business in a rapidly changing labour market.
- Meet customer needs and adapt to new requirements within your industry.
- Improving productivity through employees who are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective.
- Support your staff to upskill or reskill to develop into a higher-level role in your business.
Succession planning - future workforce
Succession planning focuses on identifying and growing talent to fill leadership and business-critical positions in the future. Effective succession planning allows you to recruit superior talent, develop their knowledge and skills and prepare them for advancement within your company.
Through our network of professionals, we can help you to define succession plans and prepare for the future of your business.
Benefits to your business
- Demonstrates commitment to your team's growth and career paths, increasing employee retention and the overall technical and leadership abilities of your team.
- Reduce external hiring expenses - promotions from within an organization are less costly as compared to hiring external people.
- Improve employee morale - giving workers the chance to train and apply for more rewarding and challenging roles in the company gives them a goal that they can strive for which results in enhanced employee retention.
- Increased employee skills - succession planning greatly increases employee skills within the workplace which benefits the general productivity of a business.
We can provide data on skills in the city, linked to jobs, occupations and industry.
This is helpful when attempting to understand:
- the current local skills supply
- future skills support and potential skills gap - looking at Further Education data
- transition occupations, those with similar skills requirements, where individuals can be supported to progress into
- the qualification level and skills linked to jobs
- apprenticeship information for your sector.
If you are new to Derby or thinking of bringing your business to our city, we can also provide your business with employment and skills data to help inform your decision.
Examples of data we can provide:
- Economic overview data set 2021 - Manufacturing skills in Derby
- Industry overview data set 2021 - Engineering