- You are here »
- Home »
- Community and living »
- Childcare »
- Childcare brokerage
What can the Childcare Brokerage Service do for you?
Our specialist brokerage staff at the Families Information Service (FIS) can discuss your needs in detail and support you in making decisions around childcare. We offer free, confidential and accurate information, advice and support which includes:
- Providing one to one support where necessary.
- Listening to your concerns.
- Discussing different types of childcare options and suggesting alternatives.
- Discussing the benefits of childcare settings for you and your child.
- Contacting childcare providers on your behalf to check for vacancies.
- Arranging to meet to discuss your needs where possible and necessary.
- Introducing you to a childcare provider and visiting the setting to see how they can meet your childs needs.
Help finding childcare for your child with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities
- Does your child have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities or complex health needs?
- Do you need to find a suitable before or after school club for your child who has additional needs?
- Do you want to talk to somebody about your options regarding childcare in general?
We may be able to help you if you answered yes to any of the above.
How to contact the brokerage team
Please get in contact today should you need any support in this area, we are waiting to help you. You can get in touch by telephone, email or book an appointment with us dependent on availability.
Telephone: 01332 640758
The Childcare Act 2006
Section 12 (5) of the Childcare Act 2006 requires all local authorities to provide assistance to parents or prospective parents who use or propose to use childcare. The Act states "further assistance should be offered where parents do not find childcare that readily meets their needs or would face difficulty in using the service".
Please note, this service is for parents/carers who have previously tried to find childcare and need extra support and help.
To find out what help is available with paying for childcare, visit the Childcare Choices website.
Will I have to pay to use the brokerage service?
The service along with all Families Information Service information is free. Please be mindful that at busy periods we may have to work on a priority of need basis.