Latest news and COVID-19
Contact Families Information Service
To minimise disruption to services at this challenging time, the best way to contact the Childcare and Families Information Team is by email. This email address is being actively managed and responses sent as soon as possible: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
06/03/2020 - Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline
A new helpline has been launched to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
- No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
FEEE Estimate Payments Autumn 2021
Estimate payments for autumn term have been processed ahead of schedule and payment will reach providers on Friday 6 August 2021. To check your payment due please visit the synergy online portal estimate tab for autumn term 2021.
Two year old take up data within Derby
This Summer 2021 two year old take up data including adjustments within Derby shows the number of children that may be eligible for two year old funding in your local area that have not taken up a place. Please use this to support with your promotion and take up of two year old funding.
PPE Payments Summer Term 2021
PPE payments have been processed and will reach providers on Friday 30 July 2021, to get a breakdown of your PPE payments please visit the synergy online portal – summer term 2021 adjustments tab.
As stated in previous communication based on the number of PPE claims received from providers we have had to slightly reduce the weekly payments being made to stay within budget, please see calculations of this below:
- Day Nursery with numbers more than 30 children each day £90 per week reduced to £80 per week
- Day Nursery with numbers less than 30 children each day £65 per week reduced to £55 per week
- Preschool reduced from £42.50 per week to £40 per week
- Childminder reduced from £8.50 per week to £8 per week.
15/02/2021 - FEEE Funding Rates 2021/2022
The new FEEE funding rates for Derby city childcare providers has been set and will come into effect from April 2021 - summer term.
The new rates will be as follows:
- 2 year funding will be paid at a flat rate of £5.36 per hour.
- 3 and 4 year old universal and extended funding will be paid at a base rate of £4.43 per hour, with additional child funding weightings paid against universal and extended hours at 20p per hour for EAL (children with English as an additional language), 20p per hour for children living in a 20-40% deprived IMD (Index of Multiple Deprivation) postcode area and 60p per hour for children living in a 20% IMD deprived postcode area.
- All eligible EYPP (Early Years Pupil Premium) claims will be paid for 3&4 year old children at a rate of 53p per hour on universal hours only.
- DAF (Disability Access Funding) for 3 and 4 year old children will be paid at rate of £615 per year.