Where are the cemeteries and churchyards in Derby?
We run six cemeteries in Derby city...
- Nottingham Road
- Uttoxeter Old Road
We are also responsible for the grounds maintenance of closed churchyards throughout the city. These are at:
- St Giles, Village Street, Normanton
- St Peter's, St Peter's Rd, Chellaston
- St Werburgh's, City Centre
- St Mary's, Chaddesden
- St Peter's Church, City Centre
- Derby Cathedral
- St Edmunds, Allestree
- St Mary's, Boulton
- St Mary's, Chaddesden
- St Paul's, Little Chester
- Chapel Street, Spondon
- St Werburgh's, Spondon.
Nottingham Road Cemetery
Our Cemeteries Office, which deals with all enquiries is at Nottingham Road Cemetery. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm.
The cemetery grounds at all cemeteries are open every day including bank holidays. Opening hours are:
- Summer hours 9am until 7.30pm
- Winter hours 9am until 4.30pm
Nottingham Road has the below facilities:
- Available for burials in new and re-opened graves
- Lawn, traditional, Muslim vaults and natural graves are available, and there is a Garden of Remembrance for cremated remains.
- Out of hours service is available for burial into a Muslim vault, please contact your mosque for information.
- Chapel for burial services
Contact us for further information.
Other Cemetery facilities in Derby
Available for burial in re-opened graves only. There is a Garden of Remembrance for new and re-opened cremated remains plots.
Mickleover (Next to All Saints Churchyard)
Available for burials in re-opened graves.
Available for burial in re-opened graves only. There is also a Garden of Remembrance for new and re-opened cremated remains plots.
Available for burials in new and re-opened graves. There is also a Garden of Remembrance for new and re-opened cremated remains plots.
Available for burial in re-opened graves.
Vehicles within the Cemetery
There is a car park available at Nottingham Road Cemetery.
Motor vehicles of any kind are not allowed in the cemeteries unless they are carrying a blue badge holder.
Drivers of vehicles within the cemetery are requested not to drive at speeds above 5-10 MPH, not to park on the grass and be respectful of funerals within the grounds.
Memorials within cemeteries
The following procedures apply to memorials
- Memorial regulations are provided with grave deeds following each burial. Further copies are available on request from the cemetery office.
- Memorials must be fitted by a BRAMM approved memorial mason.
- Memorials remain the responsibility of the registered deed holder.
- Memorial objects exceeding the regulation garden area on the lawn grave section will be removed without prior notice.
- Glass objects within the cemetery grounds will be removed without prior notice.
Christmas wreaths and memorabilia are removed from the grounds from the 1st February.