Every year in Derby we celebrate and mark the International Days of equality and diversity with the city's equality groups:
We also do all we can to help Derbyshire LGBT+ with Derby Pride and other events.
Our equality and diversity forums and networks
We have five diversity forums:
- Minority Communities Diversity Forum
- Disabled People’s Diversity Forum
- Gender and Sexuality Diversity Forum
- Voices in Action Forum
- 50 plus Forum
We also have a Learning Difficulties Partnership Board. These forums help us to get our policies right.
We also have three employee networks:
- Black Employee Support Network
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Employee Network
- Disabled Employees Network
These support networks help us to:
- promote equality and diversity at work
- provide support to each other
- remove barriers both in the workplace and in the services that we deliver.
Working with equality partners
As well as working closely with voluntary and community organisations in the city, we are part of Derby Equality and Diversity Network. This is a network of people from all types of agencies who work on equality issues. We meet to:
- share good practice
- see how each other is doing in equality
- arrange events such as equality in procurement, the Equality Act, and equality impact assessment workshops
- produce a multi-faith calendar with the help of Derby University Students’ Union.