New national restrictions are in place - check out the latest COVID-19 guidance.
New grants for businesses during national lockdown
New National COVID Restrictions have been introduced from Tuesday 5 January.
There will be three schemes in operation as listed below.
- One-off grant of up to £9000.
- The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) for Closed Businesses – for businesses that are required to be closed.
- Discretionary Grant – for businesses which do not meet the criteria for the Local Restrictions Support Grant Closed but are being severely affected by the impact of COVID-19.
Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses who received the Local Restriction Support Grant for closed businesses during the November lockdown will automatically be processed to receive the one off grant of up to £9000 and a monthly/fortnightly LRSG Closed payment without having to re-apply. All businesses will be contacted to confirm. The email will come from email@example.com
If you did not receive the payment in November but can answer yes to the following questions
- Are you registered for business rates within Derby City?
- Has your business got a rateable value?
- Has your business been forced to close?
then you should apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses and the one-off grant (application form coming soon).
If the answer to at least one of these questions is no, you are not eligible for this support but will have the opportunity to apply to a new discretionary grant scheme which will be open for those businesses who have been severely impacted by the new national lockdown but do not have a rateable value or have not been forced to close. This will be opened as soon as possible. Please keep checking this page for details.