Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses
The Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses is a mandatory grant for businesses that have a rateable value and that have been forced to close or stop their main business activity. The rate of payment for eligible businesses will be:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, £667 for each 14-day period.
- For properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, £1,000 for each 14-day period.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants to be £1,500 for each 14-day period.
How to apply
To pay apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses, you will need to sign or register for MyAccount.
Application processes for new grants launched by the Government since 31 December 2020 are not yet available. We will be publishing an application process soon.
If you have any queries about the application process, please email the Business Rates team, and enter 'LRSG' in the email subject title.
We recommend that you apply for the first round of grants (covering period from 2 December), as soon as possible.
Please don’t contact us to check on the status of your grant as this delays us processing the grants.
What evidence will I need to supply?
When you apply, you will need to show:
- business bank account details
- a summary of how the business has been severely impacted by the current local restrictions
- annual business rent/mortgage and payroll values
- the sector in which the business operates and the number of employees
- your company registration number if you are a limited company
- your business rates account details (if your business has a rateable value)
- your national insurance number.
What if my application is not accepted?
There is no right to appeal and our decision is final.
One-off top-ups will be granted to eligible closed businesses who have been approved for the LRSG for Closed Businesses:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000