Our customer service booths at the Council House are now closed.
We have no face to face service and have had to take the difficult decision to not provide self-service help due to the direct nature of contact with customers. We have kept the reception desk open and one person will support meet and greet to signpost customers to telephones.
Services affected are:
- Parking permits and challenges – online options and telephone support.
- Blue badge – this service has been suspended. Applications can be submitted online/posted but will not be processed at this time. Badges that expire can be used in the Derby area only. More information is available online.
- Copy certificates – non-priority service, online and post only.
- Tip permits – online and telephone only.
- Green garden waste and bulky collections – this service has been suspended.
- Gold card – online for age-related and email for disability applications. Telephone support is available.
- Copy documents – post and email only.
- SDA (Single Discretionary Award) – the service is operating normally although claims arising due to job loss/isolation/COVID-19 crisis will be signposted to the Hub, GOV.UK, NHS, UC claim. We are unable to issue food vouchers to anyone in isolation due to safety and these customers will be directed to voluntary support.
Council tax, business rates and housing benefit
Due to the current situation our ability to deal with contact from customers is limited, and we would like to encourage as many customers to use our online service for any of the following:
If your contact is not for any of the above, please email email@example.com.
Please note, our current response times will be slower than usual.
Feedback on our services
Due to the current unprecedented circumstances, we may not be able to respond to all complaints, or there may be a delay in receiving your response.
We apologise for the inconvenience.