Adult Social Care Complaints

If your concern relates to the safety of a person, you can report your concerns to our Safeguarding Adults Team.

You can make a complaint by:

  • using the online complaints form at the bottom of the page
  • using the ‘Have your say’ forms, available from all Council receptions – an easy read form is available at the bottom of the page.
  • post, using the address at the bottom of the page
  • telephoning the Council using the telephone number at the bottom of the page
  • visiting the Council house and speaking to one of our Customer Service advisors.

When dealing with your formal complaint we will:

  • listen to the specific complaint(s) you want us to investigate
  • agree and confirm who will investigate and respond to your complaint(s)
  • agree an action plan detailing how and when you can expect a response
  • agree an outcome with you

We will aim to respond to you within 20 working days of receiving your complaint, however, in more complicated cases we may need a little more time to investigate further. We will agree this extension with you. We will also ask the person investigating your complaint to contact you and talk to you about your concerns, both during and after the investigation.

If you are not satisfied with our response you have the right to ask the Local Government Ombudsman to consider your complaint(s). However, we will also, with your agreement, continue to resolve your complaint with you. This may involve a more senior manager examining the issues or an external consultant may investigate your complaint in more detail. If you agree to this option you should be sent a response within 45 working days.

If you remain dissatisfied with the second attempt to resolve your complaint(s) you can still submit your complaint to the Ombudsman. In addition to this you may choose to ask us to consider the complaint at a more senior level (usually a Director). You have other rights within the complaints process as well as our complaint procedures. You can contact your local Councillor, Member of Parliament, Solicitor and in some circumstances, the Secretary of State of Health.

We hope that you will come to Adult Social Care and give us the opportunity to listen to you and resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently.

At any time following the receipt of your first response you can contact the Ombudsman at:

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Tel: 0300 0610614

Fax: 024 76820 001


What support is available for me to make a complaint?

If you feel you need support when making a complaint about Adult Social Care, you can appoint an advocate to discuss your complaint with us on your behalf. The following organisations can provide an advocacy service for you:

Useful forms


Contact details

e-form: Complaint form
Post address:
Customer Feedback
The Council House
Corporation Street
Phone: 01332 643498
Minicom: 01332 640666
Customer Feedback
The Council House
Corporation Street