Sinfin Neighbourhood Team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sharon Sewell, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
Lorraine Howe, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
Jonathan Till, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Sinfin Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about Safer Neighbourhoods on the Derbyshire Police website. You can also view their Sinfin Safer Neighbourhood Team page.
Sinfin Ward Walkabout dates for 2019/20
Ward walkabouts is an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves councillors, Streetpride, Derby Homes and the police, together with local residents leading a high profile and visible patrol. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area. We will greet and listen so come along and join us. Ward walkabouts take place the second Monday of the month at 5pm until 6pm.
Dates as follows - for further information please telephone Jonathan Till on 01332 888725:
- 16th January 2019, Wordsworth Avenue Shops, 12pm-1pm
- 13th February 2019 Corner Shop, Junction Of Nightingale Road and Addison Road, 12pm-1pm
- 11th March 2019, Shakespeare Street Shops, 5pm-6pm
- No Ward Walkabouts in April 2019
- No Ward Walkabouts in May 2019
- 10th June 2019, Shakespeare Street Shops, 5pm-6pm
- 8th July 2019, Elton Road Shops, 5pm-6pm
- 12th August 2019, Deep Dale Lane, Near Chaira Brothers Shop, 5pm-6pm
- 9th September 2019, Dhiensa Food Store, Nightingale Road, 5pm-6pm
- 21st October 2019, Athol Close, 5pm-6pm
- 11th November 2019, Elton Road Shops, 12pm-1pm
- 9th December 2019, Wordsworth Avenue Shops, 12pm-1pm
Sinfin Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Sinfin Neighbourhood Board 2019/20
- Sharon Sewell - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Lorraine Howe - Area Housing Manager/Derby Homes
- Jonathan Till - Neighbourhood Partnership Officer/Derby Homes
- Kirsty Bentham - Local Area Coordinator
- Cheryl Ward - Local Area Coordinator
- Councillor Baggy Shanker
- Councillor Joanna West - Chair
- Councillor Nadine Peatfield
Partners and residents:
- Shareen Akhtar - Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Inspector Jo Meakin - Derbyshire Police
- Gillian Todd - Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Michael Vernon - Old Sinfin Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Colin Attenborough - Resident/Friends of Sinfin Moor Park/Sinfin Moor Church
- Gina Mildren - Old Sinfin Resident
- Matthew Wilson - Derby City Council
- Sgt Graham Young - Derbyshire Police
- David Walsh - Sporting Communities
Your neighbourhood priorities for 2019/20
- Cohesive and strong communities
- Dealing with ASB and crime
- Educaction and training/life skills
How can I join the Sinfin Neighbourhood Board?
If you are interested in joining your local Neighbourhood Board, or your community group is interested in nominating a representative, download, complete and return an application on the link at the bottom of this page or contact us.
Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators meetings
Sinfin has a number of Neighbourhood Watch areas, if you would like to set up a Neighbourhood Watch, or already run a watch and would like to share good practice, raise concerns please come along, the meetings are scheduled for the 3rd Monday of the month and now take place at a central location, Sinfin Community Centre, Swallowdale Road, Sinfin, 6pm.
The next meeting dates are:
- 21st January 2019
- 18th February 2019
- 18th March 2019
- 15th April 2019
- 20th May 2019
- 17th June 2019
- 15th July 2019
- 19th August 2019
- 16th September 2019
- 21st October 2019
- 18th November 2019
- 16th December 2019
Visit the Neighbourhood partnerships – information page.
Community and partnership websites