Health and wellbeing

SEND - Health


If you are worried about your baby or child, you need to speak to your doctor or health visitor. 

A health visitor will help with practical suggestions, equipment and services. If there is something more complex then, your doctor is the first person you should contact with your concerns. This is called primary care. Doctors will be able to signpost you to specialist health services that can help with a diagnosis. This called secondary care. It is worth remembering that depending on your child’s special need, some diagnoses take longer than others.

We understand that talking to many different services about your child's needs can be very confusing. To help we have put together a list of acronyms in our Glossary of Terms.‌ Click the orange button to find services for health and wellbeing.

We want to hear from you

Help us make these pages better by giving us your feedback:

Please feel free to email us on


Contact details

Post address:
Derby City Council, The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby
Phone: 01332 640758