Flooding Data Requests

What flood risk data is held by the Council?

We hold information related to land drainage assets and flood risk. Under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and the Environmental Information Regulations (2004), subject to certain legal restrictions, members of the public can request copies of information held by us. Datasets the Council currently hold includes, but is not restricted to:

  • highway drainage assets
  • flood risk management assets
  • various flood model outputs
  • historical flooding records.

We also have access to a number of national datasets held by others, such as the Environment Agency fluvial and surface water maps which, if required, will need to be requested through the organisation that holds the data (ie the Environment Agency themselves). 

What are Environmental Information Requests?

Under the Environmental Information Regulations (2004) we must provide any environmental information held to a member of the public upon request. This is known as an Environmental Information Request (EIR) and will cover most requests for data made by the public in relation to flooding and land drainage.

In some instances however the we are able to refuse a request for this information, for example if the information is incomplete or if disclosure of the information may result in harm. In some instances the data held may be subject to a confidentiality agreement.

You are advised to email us at foi@derby.gov.uk if you would like to make an EIR and we will direct your request accordingly. We have 20 working days to respond to your request and for most small requests, no fee is payable.

What are Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests

For any information requested from the Council that is not related to environmental information, the Freedom of Information Act (2000) gives the right for members of the public to request a copy, subject to particular legal restrictions. More information on Freedom of Information can be found on our Freedom of Information webpages

On this page: