Public Drop-in Sessions
- The next drop –in information session for residents is on Wednesday 23rd January 3.30-6.30pm at Parkland View, City Road, Derby, where you can talk to the Project team and find out about the latest work being undertaken on site. For other information on drop-in sessions please see our Facebook page and twitter.
- Why not come along and meet us?
Archaeology work on site for Our City Our River
Our contractor, GBV JV Ltd appointed Trent & Peak Archaeology to carry out archaeological investigations for the project.
They have completed excavations at the following locations:
- Chester Green (community centre and tennis courts)
- Duke Street (near St Mary's Bridge at the junction of Duke Street and Sowter Road)
- Sowter Road (near back of Silk Mill Museum at site of historic water trench that supplied the old mill wheel)
- Back of Etruria Gardens just off City Road.
The drawing below shows the locations of the archaeological investigations:
The archaeological investigations are required to ensure all sensitive areas within the project area have been identified and mapped. Read the progress report compiled by Trent & Peak.
Are you interested in learning more about Derby's Roman Heritage? Check out the Little Chester Archaeology Blog written by a local resident.