OUR CITY OUR RIVER PROJECT UPDATES
- Residents Drop-in Session The next drop –in information session for residents is on Wednesday 12th September 2018, 3:30-6:30pm, at Chester Green Community Centre. Please come along.
- Darley Playing Fields Car Park. Construction of the new car park has taken place and it opened on Tuesday 19th June 2018.
- Duke Street - Update from our contractors: The concrete works for the Duke street gate will be complete by 29th June 2018. We then will start the Highway realignment works that should take about another 2 weeks. The flood gate installation will follow for about 5 days but, as it is the first gate of its type there may be some additional time to get the flood gate set and adjusted. The area will then be cleaned up and then finally Duke street will be opened to traffic. It has taken longer at Duke Street due to additional piling works, and accommodating the buried services ( utilities) through the gate area, that were unknown until GBV fully excavated the area as to their position and level
We are working in partnership with our contractor, GBV Ltd who are carrying out the construction works. They have a construction management plan in place and this covers issues such as noise mitigation, hours of work and traffic management requirements for construction vehicles.
If you would like to speak to someone about the work, please contact Peter Richardson, Site Agent at the City Road project compound on 07484 036691.
For more information about the Our City Our River project:
Darley Playing Fields
New sports facilities are to be constructed to replace those lost due to the OCOR flood defence works. A planning application has been submitted and we are awaiting approval.
The site area is within the Derwent Valley World Heritage site, Chester Green Conservation area and mainly within the Little Chester Roman Scheduled monument. The proposals and detailed levels of excavation have been developed in conjunction with Heritage England and Derby City Council Conservation officers. Depths of excavation have been provisionally agreed and the nature of archaeological monitoring established. This is subject to Scheduled Monument Consent approval.
- Football pitches – the layout of the 12 pitches has been re-organised to facilitate the new flood defences.
- Tennis courts – 4 new courts are to be constructed adjacent to the football pitches. These will be surfaced in macadam, have 3m high perimeter fencing and access from the main path.
- 3G artificial surfaced court – Consultation with local sports clubs has shown demand for this type of facility for football practice. The court will be adjacent to the new car park on the ‘dry’ side of the new flood defences. It will have an artificial grass surface with sand and rubber crumb infill, a 4.5m and 3m high perimeter fence and floodlighting.
- Informal sports area - To compliment the formal sports courts an informal sports area is to be sited adjacent to the 3G court. This will be permanently open to the public and provide a sports wall with goal and basketball hoop, a selection of outdoor gym equipment and seating.
- Cricket Practice Nets – New nets are to be erected at Parker Piece.
- Artificial cricket wicket – to be installed.
- Drainage – to be installed across the field.
Contact me: Philip Margett, email: email@example.com
To find out more about the Our City Our River flood defence project: