About regeneration projects
The Regeneration Projects service promotes Derby's physical regeneration and economic development by supporting job creation, encouraging investment and promoting city centre vibrancy.
We do this in four ways:
- Leading and co-ordinating the Council's interests in relation to major strategic projects.
- Working in partnership or joint ventures with private sector partners.
- Providing loans through the Derby Regeneration Investment Fund and City Living Initiative.
- Undertaking Community Regeneration
Our key project areas are:
- Derby City Centre Masterplan - designed to generate 4,000 jobs, 1,900 homes and leverage 33.5bn in new investment between 2015 and 2030.
- Community and Place Regeneration - to create better connected communities, access to sustainable transport and encourage low carbon travel choices.
- Infinity Park Derby - a collaboration with the private sector to develop a world class and science and industrial park.
- Connect Derby - providing high-quality, flexible workspace up to 1800 square feet for self-employed and start up businesses.