PHOTO: Elton Road Shopping Parade before the start of work in 2016 (Photo credit: Matt Wilson)
The Access Osmaston is a set of projects within the Infinity Park Derby D2N2 programme, helping to deliver the Strategic Economic Plan for the D2N2 region.
The investment of £2m of Local Growth Fund, with an additional £150,000 of match funding from Derby City Council, for the Access Osmaston project delivers a package of interlinked transport and placemaking improvements intended to create stronger physical and economic linkages between Osmaston and Infinity Park Derby (IPD) and Pride Park.
The programme has the following three objectives:
- To create a better connected community both within the area and to the offer outside the area, in particular for those who want to walk and cycle
- To provide the community in Osmaston access to sustainable transport infrastructure to access work and leisure opportunities at IPD, Derby City Centre and Pride Park
- To encourage low carbon travel choices to access employment, services, leisure, culture and amenities.
Phases of the programme are:
- Elton Road Shopping Parade –placemaking and highway improvement works (Spring / Summer 2017)
- Nightingale Road – public realm and highway improvements (Spring / Summer 2018)
- Cotton Lane highway improvement works
- Infinity Park Bus – a bus service (subject to a revenue funding partner)