Alcohol and entertainment

We are currently experiencing a large number of telephone calls into the service with queries.

If you need to contact us, at the moment we would appreciate an email setting out your enquiry. For general licensing matters, the email address is

If you still feel you need to leave a telephone answer message, please note that we will prioritise your call and may not be able to respond to you if your enquiry could be resolved by visiting the website.

If you are supplying or selling alcohol, food and entertainment you will need a licence to comply with the Licensing Act 2003.

Under the Licensing Act 2003 you can apply for:

We (Derby City Council) are the licensing authority for issuing these licences. We have a Licensing Policy which explains our licensing.

The Public Register

The Public Register contains information about existing applications, notices and licences. Contact the Licensing Team for any requests about the Public Register.

Safeguarding information for applicants

What are your responsibilities for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people?

‌‌‌‌‌‌Licence applications

Current licence applications:‌



‌Previous daily and weekly lists of licence applications:











The Licensing Team is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services.  Please view Licensing Team Privacy Notices for further information.  Printed copies are available on request.


Opening times

Day Times
Monday 9am to 12.45pm
Tuesday 9am to 12.45pm
Wednesday 9am to 12.45pm
Thursday 9am to 12.45pm
Friday 9am to 12.45pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Useful forms


Contact details

Post address:
Licensing Team
Derby City Council
The Council House
Corporation Street
Phone: 01332 641951
Minicom: 01332 640666
Fax: 01332 643299
Licensing Team
Derby City Council
The Council House
Corporation Street