We are currently experiencing a large number of telephone calls into the service with queries.
If you need to contact us, at the moment we would appreciate an email setting out your enquiry. For general licensing matters, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you still feel you need to leave a telephone answer message, please note that we will prioritise your call and may not be able to respond to you if your enquiry could be resolved by visiting the website.
A permit is required to undertake a 'house to house' collection under the House to House Collections Act 1939.
If your organisation does not have a Home Office Exemption Order, then your organisation will need to apply for a permit before they can collect money or articles door to door, which they intend to sell.
How do I apply for a permit?
- You must complete the House to house collection permit application form
- You must attach a valid agreement between the charity and the organisation who will be carrying out the collection stipulating the start and end dates of the agreement
- Also a letter from the charity which authorises the relevant organisation to do the collection on their behalf
- The Licensing Team will issue the permits
- You must complete the House to house collection accounts return form when you have completed your House to House Collection and return to the Licensing Team
- These permits can be for different lengths of time up to a maximum of one year
- Please allow one month for your permit to be issued.
Is anyone exempt?
Some charities such as Christian Aid and British Heart Foundation will have a Home Office Exemption Order which exempts them from having to apply for a permit.
Even if your organisation has a Home Office Exemption Order, you must inform the Licensing Team in writing or by email of the dates that you will be collecting in Derby.
How much do permits cost?
House to House Collection Permits can be obtained free of charge.
Which areas of Derby does my permit authorise me to collect in?
The Licensing Team is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services. Please view Licensing Team Privacy Notices for further information. Printed copies are available on request.