The children and young people in our care are from a diverse range of backgrounds and we need foster carers from all walks of life to ensure their needs are met.
To become a foster carer you must:
• be over 21 years of age
• have a spare bedroom (babies can share the foster carers bedroom up to the age of 12-18 months)
• have the time and energy to care for a child or young person
• live in or within a reasonable travelling distance of Derby City
• be living in the property in which you intend to foster
You can be:
• married, single, in a civil partnership, living with a partner, divorced or widowed
• of any religion or no religion
• of any sexual orientation or gender identity
• of any cultural or ethnic background
• a home owner or tenant
We are looking for people who can offer positive experiences to our children in care to help them thrive and grow.
Our existing foster carers have remarkable qualities. We are looking for carers who are able to:
• listen to and communicate well with children
• work alongside social workers and other professionals
• value a child's history and its importance to them
• be resilient through challenging times.