An apprenticeship with Derby City Council is a great way to get work experience while earning money at the same time and developing your skill set. You will be doing a real job and work towards good qualifications that show you can do the job.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Teaching Assistant
- Other job roles, depending on vacancies
Why join Derby City Council as an Apprentice?
Our benefits include:
- Improve your job prospects – many of our apprentices have gone on to successful employment with City Council
- Receive the current rate of pay for our apprenticeships which is £129.50 per week, paid monthly (current at May 2017)
- 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 26 days' holiday and all bank holidays per year
- Gain a variety of experience in one of our teams
- Work towards recognised qualifications
- Gain valuable skills, learning from experienced staff
- Help and support from your manager, training provider and other staff throughout your contract
Are there any requirements?
These may vary depending on the vacancy. You will usually need:
- English and Maths A- C or equivalent. IT skills are also useful
- Committed and enthusiastic about working for Derby City Council and gaining qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Team worker
- Customer focused
Where will I be placed during my training?
Derby City Council offer apprenticeships in varied roles and you could be placed anywhere across the city, including the Council House.
Where will I complete my qualifications?
You will have a training provider to deliver your qualification. There are weekly half day sessions in one of our training centres and some of the work is done in the workplace.
How do I apply for an Apprenticeship?
Find out the Latest Apprenticeship Vacancies
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 642633