Are you unemployed? In need of support? Could you use a personal coach to help with finding a job?
The Derby Employment Hub is here to provide the support and advice you need to get into work. Through one-to-one personal coaching, we can support you on your employment journey.
We provide one-to-one intensive employment support to anyone struggling to find employment, especially individuals facing personal and economic barriers.
Am I eligible for support?
The Hub is available if you:
- are a resident of Derby
- are 16 or over
- are not in any form of paid employment or education.
We are here to help you in your job search each step of the way.
What services are available?
We have a variety of services to support your job search, including:
- activity planning – setting goals and developing your CV
- targeted job search and online application support
- referrals to recruitment events
- interview preparation – research, mock interviews and interview skills
- volunteering, work experience and placement opportunities – improving confidence and work readiness
- exploring apprenticeships
- support and advice with self-employment
- support for skills development – accessing English, Maths and Digital Skills, short courses and language skills (English for Speakers Other Languages - ESOL). For more information on courses please visit the Derby Adult Learning Service.
- job start preparations
- support until you start work.
We will first speak with you to find out what services you may require. The key element of our support is that it is personalised and specific to you. The whole process is about finding out what skills you have, what support you need, and what job you can get.
If you would like to learn more, or to find out what we could do for you to support in your job search, please get in touch.