Coronavirus: Licensing updates
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Licensing reception is currently closed until further notice.
Any paperwork can be sent to us by post or email. Please remember to include a contact telephone number.
For taxi and private hire applications and queries please email to email@example.com.
We will post out any plates, badges etc to the drivers home address and where possible paperwork will be emailed out.
For all other licensing applications and queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premises licence and club premises certificates
- Central Government - restaurants, pubs and cafes to provide a food takeaway service to be extended to 23 March 2022
- Central Government - Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes, nightclubs or takeaways
- Central Government - NHS Covid Pass for nightclubs, music venues, festivals and spectator sports events
- Business and Planning Act 2020
- Central Government - Temporary alcohol licensing provision in the Business and Planning act
Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that some drivers are not following government guidance and Council guidance regarding the safe cleaning of vehicles.
To clarify, it is advisable that your vehicle is thoroughly cleaned, with disinfectant if possible, before you take it out at the beginning of your shift and again when you end your shift.
You must also clean all surfaces after each fare is completed, paying particular attention to any places that are touched by a passenger, such as grab handles, door handles, payment machines and/or payment hatch.
These measures are not only in place to protect the next passenger entering your vehicle, but will also help to protect yourself.
If you are considering installing a temporary protective screen please read Installing Protective Screens Advice.