One month left to apply for Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grants
Published: 18 February 2022
With just one month left to apply, eligible businesses are being urged to apply to the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grants scheme by Friday 18 March.
Eligible businesses will be able to apply for grants of up to £6,000 based on their rateable value on 30 December 2021:
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £2,667.
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £4,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value over £51,000 will receive a payment of £6,000.
Businesses can apply using the MyAccount platform. Any eligible business will need to apply regardless of whether they’ve applied to previous grant schemes or not. Businesses that have not previously used this service will need to create an account with their telephone number and email address, which can be done in minutes. Those that have already registered will simply need to log in using their existing email address and password.
The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant is available to business ratepaying hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses that provide an in-person service after £700 million was made available by Government in December 2021.
Businesses who can answer yes to the following three questions, and are included in the list of eligible businesses at the end of this article, are invited to apply for the grant using MyAccount:
- Are you registered for business rates within Derby City?
- Has your business got a rateable value?
- Was your business trading on 30 December 2021
Councillor Jonathan Smale, Cabinet Member for Finance, Assets and Digital, said:
Time is running out for businesses to apply for this grant scheme, and I would urge any business to check if they are eligible and apply before the deadline.
COVID-19 has presented challenges to for almost two years, and we’re grateful for this extra funding from the government to support the businesses that our vital to our city.
We are now doing what we can to ensure applications are dealt with and payments are processed as quickly as possible.
Applications for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will close at 11.59pm on Friday 18 March.
For the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant, each sector will be defined as below:
Hospitality: A business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink
- Food courts
- Public houses/pub restaurants
- Roadside restaurants
- Wine bars
Leisure: A business that provides opportunities, experiences, and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events, days and nights out, betting and gaming
- Casinos and gambling clubs
- Museums and art galleries
- Stately homes & historic houses
- Zoos & safari parks
- Amusement parks
- Wedding venues
- Events venues
- Night clubs & discotheques
- Concert halls
- Tourist attractions
- Theme parks
- Amusement arcades
- Soft play centres or areas
- Clubs & institutions
- Village halls & scout huts, cadet huts, etc.
Accommodation: A business whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel and other purposes.
- Caravan parks
- Caravan sites and pitches
- Chalet parks
- Coaching inns
- Country house hotels
- Guest houses
- Holiday apartments
- Cottages or bungalows
- Boarding houses
- Canal boats or other vessels
- Catered holiday homes
- Holiday homes