Report dog fouling
It is against the law if you are in charge of a dog and it fouls on any land to which the public have access. You are responsible for cleaning it up.
If you fail to clean it up immediately, you commit an offence and may receive:
- a fixed penalty notice of £50
- a fine of up to £1000 if you are convicted in court.
What can I do if my street has lots of dog mess?
Complete the Clean it Up report form so that we can deal with the problem quickly.
What can I do if I witness a dog fouling?
If you witness dog fouling we can investigate.
We need to know:
- The day, date, location and time of the incident
- A description of the person in charge of the dog
- A description of the dog that they were walking
- If they arrived in a vehicle: a description of the vehicle and the registration number
- How far away you were when the incident occurred
- What kind of view you had
- If possible, photographs