I am a business owner, do I need a permit?

If your business is located within a resident-only parking zone and you require your vehicle for business use, you may be entitled to a business permit.

You can purchase annual permits for vehicles that are required for operational use.

You will be required to provide proof that the business is operating from the declared address and give a reason why the vehicle is essential for the business.

You may also buy visitor permits for 40p each. To validate the permit, users must scratch off the day, date and month.

There are two ways for you to purchase business permits:

  • Visit the Customer Service Centre

The Council House,

Corporation Street,



  • Buy online
  1. Click the link above.

  2. Select the 'All Categories' drop-down.

  3. Scroll down the list and select 'Parking Season Tickets'.

  4. Scroll through the page and fill out the form for the permit you need.