Contact the council

Map of Derby City Centre showing Council House location

Derby Direct - Derby City Council's customer service centre - is based at The Council House. It is your first point of contact to the Council. Customer services advisors at the Council House will be able to deal with a range of enquiries, applications and payments for services such as benefits, Council Tax, Gold Card, Streetpride and parking services.

The map on this page shows other Council office locations in Derby city centre, with a summary of what customer services are provided at each building.

View Derby City Council Offices in a larger map

Opening hours and contact details

The Council House opening hours

The Council House is open Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5.00pm.

Our Customer Service Centre, (including the booths in reception) is open between 9:00am and 3:00pm for the following services:

  • Streetpride including Parking Services
  • Registrars
  • Housing Options
  • Pest Control
  • Blue Badge
  • Gold Card
  • Customer Feedback

Other service’s opening times may vary.

Our Benefits and Council Tax advice services are available by appointment only in the Council House.

Council Tax and Housing Benefits phone lines are open 9.00 to 3.00 Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) 

Switchboard opening hours

Telephone: 01332 293111

Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5.00pm


Telephone: 0333 200 6981 (24-hour automated line)

For all street-based services, bins and recycling, street lighting, fly-tipping, dog fouling, litter, graffiti and pot holes.

Derby City Care Line - Social Care out of hours support

It operates Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 9.00am, and 24-hours a day during weekends and bank holidays.

Derby City Care Line is the out-of-hours emergency social work service for people living in or visiting Derby.

Environmental Enforcement Service

Contact the Service if you have witnessed, and have information on:

  • fly-tipping
  • dog fouling
  • stray dogs
  • littering
  • fly-posting
  • abandoned vehicles
  • or if you want to report noise nuisance or bonfires

This will help us take action against offenders.