What is Streetpride?
Streetpride aims to work with Derby's communities and to involve them in improving their local environment.
Through Streetpride, we are giving communities more control over the appearance of their street and local environment, including some control over how and where money is spent. Streetpride focuses on the customer and will make a positive difference to the way customers interact with us and our street-based services.
The main services covered by Streetpride are:
How do I report a problem or request a service?
You can do this using our online forms (e-forms). Here are some relating to Streetpride...
You can also contact Streetpride using the Streetpride e-form or Waste mangement enquiry e-form.
For a full list of e-forms, visit our 'action' pages...
How long will you take to respond to my report?
Problem with abandoned vehicles
- remove a burnt-out and dangerous vehicle within one working day.
- remove a vehicle only fit for destruction within three working days.
- remove a vehicle in good condition and secure within 15 working days.
Problem with refuse and bin collection
- empty bins that we have missed within two working days.
- remove bulky items (after receipt of payment) on the day of appointment.
Problem with roads or pavements
- repair a broken street light within five working days of it being reported.
- clear up a spillage on the roads within four hours after being reported.
- attend to a dangerous defect on the road or pavement within four hours of it being reported.
- make safe missing manhole covers, for example public and private sewers, gas, water or BT apparatus within four hours and inform the owner.
- give an estimate for a vehicle dropped crossing within ten working days from receipt of a formal request.
Problem with trees and hedges
- make safe dangerous and overhanging trees/vegetation on highway land. If necessary, the danger will be guarded within four hours and cutting back will be carried out within five working days.
- make safe dangerous and overhanging trees/vegetation on private land. If necessary, the danger will be guarded within four hours and a leaflet will be sent to the landowner within 14 days. Enforcement action will start if no action has been taken by the landowner after 14 days.
Problem with litter, graffiti or dog fouling
- remove fly tips on Council land within one working day of it being reported.
- remove dog mess on Council land within one working day of it being reported.
- empty overflowing litter and dog waste bins on the day, if reported before 1.00pm and within one working day, if reported after 1.00pm.
- remove racist or offensive graffiti by the next working day.
- remove other types of graffiti within four working days.
- clear up drug litter within two hours if reported before 5.00pm and within the next working day after 5.00pm.