Coronavirus (COVID-19)

COVID-19 cases are rising in Derby - read the latest COVID-19 guidance.

House to house collections permit

  • You must complete the House to house collection permit application form
  • You must attach a valid agreement between the charity and the organisation who will be carrying out the collection stipulating the start and end dates of the agreement
  • Also a letter from the charity which authorises the relevant organisation to do the collection on their behalf
  • The Licensing Team will issue the permits
  • You must complete the House to house collection accounts return form when you have completed your House to House Collection and return to the Licensing Team
  • These permits can be for different lengths of time up to a maximum of one year
  • Please allow one month for your permit to be issued.

Some charities such as Christian Aid and British Heart Foundation will have a Home Office Exemption Order which exempts them from having to apply for a permit.

Even if your organisation has a Home Office Exemption Order, you must inform the Licensing Team in writing or by email of the dates that you will be collecting in Derby.

House to House Collection Permits can be obtained free of charge.

Your permit will allow you to collect in areas shown within the black line on the House to House collections area map.

There are also various A list of 'no cold calling zones' in Derby..