Christmas and New Year opening arrangements for 2020
Published: 10 December 2020
Derby City Council has announced it’s Christmas opening hours for customers.
- The Council House will be open as normal up to and including Wednesday 23 December.
- It will then be open from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Christmas Eve
- The building will be closed to all customers between Christmas Day and Bank Holiday Monday 28 December.
- It will be open from 9.00am until 4.00pm from Tuesday 29 December to Thursday 31 December.
- The building will close again from Friday 1 January to Monday 4 January.
Main reception, customer services and the main council switchboard will be open during these times together and there will be access to Adult and Children Social Care services, such as Housing Options. The DWP will be open until Wednesday 23 December.
The Housing Benefits and Council Tax service will provide a phone service between 9.00am and 12.00pm on Christmas Eve and a remote service on Tuesday 29 December to Thursday 31 December
Appointeeship payments to vulnerable adults are available on Wednesday 23 and 30 December
There will be no appointment service offered in line with current COVID-19 working practices but access to our digital services will continue to be available to customers anytime.
Royal Oak House will continue to be available for registrations in line with the current COVID-19 guidance with a reduced opening on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve until 3.00pm
The Gatehouse will remain operational throughout the period.
The Connexions centre and Kedleston Road training centre will both be closed throughout the fortnight.