Raynesway HWRC – site hours to increase in July
Published: 19 June 2020
Following the successful reopening of Raynesway HWRC last month, the systems we introduced have been under constant review and we’re now able to increase the hours the site is open.
From Tuesday 14 July the site will be open from 1.00pm – 7.00pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (the days when we collect bins).
Hours will not change on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays and will remain 8.00am – 6.00pm.
It’s important that we’re able to keep operating the site safely for our residents and staff. So, residents will still need to book their visit through the MiPermit website as they have done since the site re-opened in May. We’re also reminding residents to only book one slot at a time to make sure that everyone who wants to visit, can. If you have booked a slot you no longer need, register for a MiPermit account so you can cancel the booking.
The site is available for residents – who have no other means of disposing of waste from their own homes – with a number of practical measures put into place to ensure Government safety guidance is still adhered to. These measures include:
- You must have a pre-booked time slot. No booking, no entry – this is to help us reduce delays and congestion on surrounding roads and to keep staff and visitors safe.
- The number of people allowed onto the site at one time will be limited so that social distancing is maintained.
- Where possible, only one adult from each household should visit the site.
- Two people from a household can visit together if they are bringing large waste items such as a fridge freezer or sofa.
- Staff on-site will not be able to help to unload items for the vast majority of visitors – this is so we can maintain social distancing. However, help will be available for those that genuinely need it and you can ask.
Please remember, you should only book to visit Raynesway if:
- You are unable to make use of other options such as the bulky waste service, a licensed waste carrier, hiring a skip or the free garden waste service
- You’ve considered reuse and recycle options such as Facebook Market Place, Freecycle, Gumtree etc.
- You or anyone in your household has not had any coronavirus symptoms for the last 14 days.
- You are not in one of the Government’s vulnerable or shielding categories.
- You are only bringing waste from your own household.
Further details about visiting Raynesway HWRC are available on our website.
Councillor Jonathan Smale, Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods, Public Protection and Streetpride commented:
We’ve been overwhelmed by the support from residents and local businesses since we reopened the site. I’d like to thank everyone who took on board our new ways of working and booked their slots to visit the site. We want to maintain this great behaviour so please, remember to book your slot or think about alternatives like upcycling, repairing or our bulky waste service.