About this invoice checklist
Please consult the following points in this section to ensure your invoices are compliant and prevent any delays to processing and payment.
Invoice as attachments
All invoices should be submitted in PDF format by email.
Please ensure that each invoice is attached as a separate PDF document. Please only send one invoice per email.
Please note as the system is automated we are unable to download invoices from supplier portals.
Poor quality submissions below 300DPI and photos of physical documents are not supported.
Providing purchase orders
It is expected that all items, goods and services requested by DCC must be covered by a Purchase Order. The Purchase Order number must be included in the purchase order section of your invoice. Invoices which do not quote a valid PO number will be rejected unless we have agreed an exemption with you.
All Purchase Orders from 1st April 2023 will be 10 digits and in the format DCXXXXXXXX or SCXXXXXXXX. If you currently receive Purchase Orders in the format PDMXXXX there is no change.
Handwritten purchase orders or handwritten annotations or notes on electronic invoices cannot be read by the system. Amendments using the ‘fill and sign’ function on PDF documents will continue to be accepted.
DCC is a commonly used acronym for numerous organisations. To ensure your invoice is accepted and processed accordingly, please address invoices to Derby City Council or the school name in full.
Quote your address (and factoring details)
Please quote your full address and postcode when submitting invoices to us. If your invoices are paid through a factoring company, please also ensure the factoring company’s full address is quoted.
HMRC compliant invoices - required information
Please ensure any invoices you submit are HMRC compliant.
A brief outline of these requirements is below. For further information please see HMRC invoice requirements.
Invoices which do not comply will be rejected.
- Purchase order number
- The word INVOICE or CREDIT NOTE stated clearly
- Your company name, full postal address and contact details
- A unique invoice/credit note reference number
- The date of the invoice/credit note
- Addressed to Derby City Council
- A clear description of the goods or services being charged for and individual amounts
- The total amount owed
- Bank Account Details (if you receive payments electronically)
- The invoice should be good quality with all required fields legible
- No handwritten items will be read from the invoice
- To make amendments and additions, please use fill and sign function on PDF or another digital alternative
If your invoice is VATable, we also require the following information
- Your VAT number
- Net amount excluding VAT
- VAT amount (if applicable)