What kinds of searches can you do?
The Derby Register Officer holds all the births, marriage and death records for the Derby Registration District from 1 July 1837 to the present day. We can also access some of the Shardlow district records as well as the sub-districts of Spondon, Melbourne and Repton.
We can conduct a five year search within your certificate application fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to conduct an open ended general search of our indexes, as manual searches are time-consuming.
We offer two levels of service:
- cost £35
- can be posted 1st class or collected from Royal Oak House
- ordered by 12:30pm Monday – Friday collect same day after 3pm
- ordered after 12:30pm collect following day after 10:30am
- cost £11
- can be posted 2nd class or collected from Royal Oak House after five working days
Royal Oak House, Market place, Derby DE1 3AR
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 16:30
- Friday 9:00 - 16:00
What information do i need to provide?
The following information would be useful:
- the year in which a particular event was registered
- the place where the event was registered
- the name of the individual or individuals involved.
For further advice on records of Derby city or genealogy, please contact us or see the government website for researching family history.
|Monday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Saturday||Ceremonies by appointment only|
Need a copy certificate?
If you have a question or comment regarding historical searches please complete the Historical searches form.