Family Hub parents
What is the Family Hub?
Derby’s Family Hub is here to help you find the right support at the right time for you and your family. We offer a range of activities, sessions, advice and support for families and young people aged from 0-19 years.
What’s on offer:
- Fun and interactive groups.
- Learn more about how your child develops during their 0-5 years.
- Infant feeding workshops, breastfeeding clubs and support for new parents.
- Help with well-being, mental health and parent-infant relationships.
- Support for children with special educational needs and their families.
- Dads, co-parents and other care givers activities.
- Targeted youth support work for young people aged 11 to 19.
- Child and family health activities, healthy eating, oral health and baby clinics.
- Support with managing finances and getting back into work or training.
Register for the Family Hub
To get involved with your local Family Hub, please use this form to register your interest.
Find the right support at the right time
Watch this film to find out more about the Family Hub in Derby.
The Family Hub directory
The Family Hub directory is where you can search for many other services such as housing, school and colleges as well as the fun things to do in Derby.
If you run a service that supports families in Derby, you can advertise it for free on the Family Hub directory.
What's On Guide
Find out what’s going on in Family Hubs this autumn.
- Becket Family Hub
- Derwent Family Hub
- Mackworth Morley Family Hub
- Osmaston Allenton Family Hub
- Rose Hill Family Hub
- Sinfin Family Hub
Alternatively, you can download the What's On Guide.
Positive Parenting Relationships
Becoming parents can change your relationship. Tiredness and stress associated with parenthood can lead to you and your partner misunderstanding each other. Stress and tension can lead to arguments with your partner, ex-partner or co-parent which can impact on your children.
Provided by OnePlusOne, these four free online courses can help you improve communication skills and manage conflict better. You can do these alone in your own time and usually each course takes about an hour to complete.
- Me, You and Baby Too – designed to help new and expectant parents cope with the changes that could happen in their relationship when they become parents and learn how to cope with stress and conflict constructively.
- Arguing Better – designed to raise awareness of the impact parental conflict can have on children and help parents develop better ways of managing stress and arguments together.
- Getting it Right for Children – designed to support separated parents, helping them to avoid the harmful situation of their children getting caught up in the middle of their conflict.
- Debt and Relationships – exploring the topic of debt and how to discuss so you can work on solutions.
How to access the courses
Visit OnePlusOne’s online relationship support for parents, select 'Central England', then select 'Derby' and create an account with your name, email and set your password. You can then access the courses you wish to do.
The information is private and confidential and won't be shared with Derby City Council.
If you feel you need any support to access the resources, please get in touch with a health, education, early help or social care professional. Alternatively, contact any of the Family Hub's or Children’s Centres.
If you feel you and your partner need therapeutic intervention, these services in Derby offer couples therapy. You will both need to complete a self-referral.
More parenting support
There are a range of other support services to support what you can do differently to have a positive impact for yourself and your children.
Family Hub launch events
Family Hub Derby launched this summer, each hub had its own fun filled launch week full of fantastic free family friendly activities.
2023 dates and leaflet downloads: The following leaflets are not fully accessible. If you need the information in an alternative format please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 to 28 July - Mackworth Morley Family Hub, Reigate Drive
- 31 July to 4 August – Sinfin Family Hub, 345 Sinfin Lane
- 7 to 11 August – Rosehill Family Hub, 17 Lower Dale Road
- 14 to 18 August – Derwent Family Hub, Monmouth Street
- 21 to 25 August - Osmaston Allenton Family Hub, 60 Cockayne Street
- 28 August to 1 September – Becket Family Hub 35 Stockbrook Street
Take a look at all the fun we had at Mackworth’s launch week: