Where do I find information on the councillors that represent my ward?
Find your local councillors and contact details by electoral ward.
Find out where you can meet the councillors that represent your ward.
Councillors – the basics
- We have 51 councillors who represent the city's 18 electoral wards.
- There are three councillors for most of the city’s electoral wards. The Chaddesden East, Chaddesden West and Chaddesden South Wards have two councillors each.
- Elections are held once every four years. The next local elections are due to take place in May 2027
- Councillors are elected to represent residents of their electoral ward, but also have a duty to represent the whole city.
Following the Local Council Elections 2023, there is no one party with an overall majority of seats. The Labour group currently hold minority administration, after Councillor Baggy Shanker was first elected as Leader of the Council and appointed a Cabinet at the Annual General Meeting of the authority on 24 May 2023.
The breakdown of seats is as follows:
- Conservative: 15 seats
- Labour: 23 seats
- Liberal Democrats: 4 seats
- Reform Derby Group: 6 seats
- Independent: 3 seats
How do I contact my councillor?
Contact details for councillors can be found on the Democracy Portal.