About the local plan part 1
The Local Plan Part 1 forms the statutory development plan for the city, alongside the remaining 'saved' policies of the City of Derby Local Plan Review (2006). It provides the city's development strategy until 2028 and policies which will be used for determining all future planning applications submitted to us.
We adopted the Derby City Local Plan Part 1 - Core Strategy on 25 January 2017.
It is the key planning document for the city which:
- sets out a long-term strategy for the spatial development of Derby to 2028
- provides a framework for promoting and managing development.
Our interactive policies map shows how the policies in the Local Plan Part 1 and the City of Derby Local Plan Review affect different parts of the city.
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Derby City Local Plan Part 1: The Core Strategy
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Derby City Local Plan Part 1: The Core Strategy. Technical Appendix A: Site Proformas
- Derby Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum Report – Implications of Proposed Minor Modifications
- Proposed Main Modifications Sustainability Appraisal August 2016
- DCC Local Plan Part 1 Adoption Statement
- Minor Modifications Adoption 2017
Local plan part 1 examination
Information relating to the examination can be found on the Local Plan, Part 1 Core Strategy Examination page.