Worried about a child?

Are you worried about a child?

You do not need to know everything about the child and what is happening; you may just be worried, or feel that everything is not right.

You may be worried about what might happen to you or your family if you report your concerns. If you make a call to talk about your concerns, you will be asked for your name and contact details so you can be contacted again if needed. However, you can ask for your details to remain confidential, or provide information anonymously.

If you have concerns you will always be taken seriously.

Getting help

If you believe that a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the police on 101 immediately.

Alternatively if you want advice from the police and the child is not in immediate need of protection, you can call them on 0845 123 33 33.

Children's Social Care and the First Contact Team

You may want to discuss your concerns with a Social Care worker. Our First Contact team deals with all concerns about Children and Young People across the city. Members of the team will help you to talk about the concerns you may have for a child and decide what actions may be required to make a child safe.

You can contact us during normal working days between 9am and 5pm on 01332 641172 or fax 01332 643299.

At all other times concerns can be discussed with Careline who can be contacted on 01332 786968.

Contact details

Post address:
Ashtree House
218 Osmaston Road
DE23 8JX
Phone: 01332 641172
Minicom: 01332 256666
Ashtree House
218 Osmaston Road
DE23 8XJ

On this page: