The Handyperson Service
A helping hand with home repairs for older people.
Our Handyperson Service helps older people to deal with those small jobs around the house which are often too small for a contractor to complete.
Who can use the service?
You need to be:
- living in Derby
- aged 75 and over
- or aged 60 and over and getting income-related benefits for example, Council Tax benefit or health-related benefits for example, Attendance Allowance.
Why use the service?
- We only use our own handypeople to carry out the work.
- We charge only for the materials needed to do the job and there are no labour charges.
- We will discuss any costs for materials with you before the job is done.
What types of jobs does the service cover?
We can do small jobs around the home including:
- putting shelves or mirrors up
- repairing a toilet seat
- adjusting overflow
- replacing tap washers
- grab rails
- curtain rails
- unblocking sinks
- fitting extra locks on windows and doors
- smoke alarms.