Apprenticeships with Derby City Council
An apprenticeship with Derby City Council is a great way to gain work experience while earning money at the same time and developing your skill set. You will be doing a real job and work towards qualifications that show you can do the job. Our apprenticeships last a minimum of 12 months and some last longer. We offer both Level 2 and Level 3.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
- Business administration
- Customer service
- Teaching assistant
- Other job roles, depending on vacancies
Why join Derby City Council as an apprentice?
- Improve your job prospects – many of our apprentices have gone on to successful employment with City Council
- Gain a variety of experience in one of our teams
- Work towards recognised qualifications
- Gain valuable skills, learning from experienced staff
- Help and support from your manager, training provider and other staff throughout your contract
Are there any requirements?
Yes and these may vary depending on the vacancy. You will usually need:
- English and Maths at grades A to C, or equivalent
- Committed and enthusiastic about working for Derby City Council and gaining qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Team worker
- IT skills are also useful
Where will I be placed during my training?
We offer apprenticeships in a variety of roles - you could be placed anywhere across the city, including the Council House.
Where will I complete my qualifications?
You will have a training provider to deliver your qualification. A minimum of 20% of time will be spent on your off-the job-training with either a half or full day session in the training centre and some of the work is done in the workplace.
How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
We advertise our apprenticeships on the website GOV.UK - Find an Apprenticeship. If you apply on this site, you will be directed to our Derby City Council jobs page where the application form, job description, person specification and advert for our Council apprenticeships can be found. Please read our guidance notes before applying for vacancies.