Scrap metal licence holder changes
If any details of the licence holder change after a scrap metal dealers licence has been issued, you must notify the Licensing team within 28 days of the change.
Changes can include:
- name and or address change of licence holder
- a licensee who is ceasing to be a scrap metal dealer in Derby city
- a licensee who is carrying on a business under a trading name.
How to update a licence
1. View and pay the licence fee prior to submitting a licence update request. Our licensing payments page explains what fees apply and how to pay them.
2. Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- current licence holder details - name, address, email and telephone number
- current business name and address
- details of changes or updates e.g. new business or licence name and or address
- copy of your payment receipt.
You must include a copy of your payment receipt. Any application received without a payment receipt will not be processed.
We must receive your application and payment receipt within 28 days of any changes.