Enhanced COVID-19 testing in Littleover following an increase in cases
Published: 1 July 2021
- Any pupil or member of staff from Littleover Community School
- Any family member of a pupil or staff member at Littleover Community School
- Any residents in Littleover or Heatherton
- Getting vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness from the virus, including the Delta variant first identified in India. It is important that we all have two doses and you can now receive the second dose from 8 weeks after the first. Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to book their free COVID-19 vaccination.
- Being cautious when meeting people who aren’t in your household. Consider limiting the number of people you meet with, focus on those who are most important to you and continue to meet outside if possible.
- Minimising travel Moving around increases our contacts and so the risk of spread. Consider which journeys are most important.
“The rise in cases is not unique to Derby and the Delta Variant is causing a rise in cases nationally. With restrictions lifting, it’s more important than ever that we all do the right thing for Derby. This includes making sure we’re doing our rapid lateral flow tests twice a week, keeping our distance and washing our hands and wearing face coverings when recommended. These are the actions we all need to take to prevent further spread of the virus in our city.We’re also strongly encouraging everyone that hasn’t so far, to get vaccinated against COVID-19 with two doses to protect themselves and their loved ones.”