Derby Jobs: Business recruitment support
Derby Jobs brokerage service
Is your business looking to recruit?
If so, our Derby Jobs recruitment service can help you. We provide the following services:
- Advertisement on our Derby Jobs Weekly newsletter, that is circulated to over 4,000 residents in Derby.
- Promotion of your vacancies through our Derby Jobs events. We run face-to-face and virtual events with local employers making your vacancies accessible and providing you with the opportunity to meet and discuss with job seekers.
- Skills development for entry-level jobs via Training in2 Employment programmes. If you have vacancies that require basic employability skills or qualifications such as CSCS Card or SIA licence, we can connect you with a training provider who can provide these skills.
- Derby Jobs Business Quarterly is a newsletter designed for businesses that are looking to recruit new staff.
- Apprenticeships are a great way to grow your own talent within your business, either through recruitment or upskilling your current employees.
- Diversity and inclusion, we can help you to build a more diverse workforce and support you to achieve your CSR objectives.
Training in2 Employment
Training in2 employment provides training and work placement for entry-level jobs. It enables both applicant and employer to understand the ‘match’ to the job.
Training in2 Employment offer help to those receiving unemployment benefits to transition into employment, unlocking potential talent into the workforce.
Training in2 Employment can offer placements of up to six weeks and includes three main components:
- pre-employment training – matched to the skills required for the job
- work experience placement – a great opportunity for your business to identify talent on the job and for the individual to cement their knowledge and understanding of the required role
- a guaranteed job interview – to recruit directly into the role you are recruiting.
An important feature of Training in2 Employment is that each one offers a flexible approach and can be adapted to meet the needs of your business.
Bespoke training package for your business
If you are unable to offer all three components, we can develop a bespoke training package to meet your needs.
Participants remain on benefits while on a Training in2 Employment placement. The government will pay any travel and childcare costs whilst benefit claimants are on the scheme. There is no direct cost to an employer for running a Training in2 Employment programme as training and administration costs are covered by government funding.
How your business could benefit
- It’s a flexible programme that can be tailored to meet your recruitment needs.
- You can recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset, developed through fully funded pre-employment training.
- Opportunity to provide work experience placements for potential employees to ensure they are suited to that type of role and your company, decreasing turnover of staff.
- Reduces the risks within the overall process of recruiting new employees.
- Reducing the cost of recruitment, avoiding agency costs for entry-level employment.
- Training in2 Employment can be tailored to increase the diversity of your workforce by working directly with specific cohorts such as ex-offenders, care leavers, and women, depending upon your recruitment priorities.
- Opportunity for positive publicity to showcase how you are working collaboratively with providers to meet your recruitment needs or corporate social responsibility goals.
Derby Jobs Business Quarterly
Derby Jobs Business Quarterly is a newsletter designed for businesses that are looking to recruit new staff. It presents a snapshot of key employment initiatives available for Derby-based employers.
The business newsletter is free to receive every quarter.
In Derby Jobs Business Quarterly you can find the latest:
- recruitment and employment-related events
- information on employers we have worked with
- other information relevant to you if you are seeking new employees.
View our latest editions of Derby Jobs Business Quarterly:
- Derby Jobs Business Quarterly Newsletter Issue 3 December 2023
- Derby Jobs Business Quarterly Newsletter Issue 2 October 2023
- Derby Jobs Business Quarterly Newsletter Issue 1 June 2023
To subscribe to Derby Jobs Business Quarterly, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apprenticeships are a great way to grow your own talent within your business, either through recruitment or upskilling your current employees.
Apprenticeships allow people to gain formal qualifications whilst in the workplace through a blended approach of on-the-job training and learning. They can last from one to six years depending on the level of the apprenticeship and they are funded from contributions made by the government and employers. We can also help with funding through our apprenticeship levy transfer.
Employers can also apply for payment of £1,000 for new apprentices who are either:
- aged 16 to 18 years old
- under 25 and have an education, health and care plan or have been in the care of their local authority.
This £1,000 payment will be paid to your training provider, and you will receive it from them.
You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates to people who want to further their careers or change career direction and are already employed within your organisation.
How your business could benefit
There are many benefits to recruiting an apprentice or using apprenticeships to upskill your current workforce. These benefits include:
- having the opportunity to adapt training to the needs of your business
- apprentices are motivated to learn new skills
- the opportunity to expand or upskill your workforce
- fill key skill gaps in your business
- boosting employee engagement, by investing in their development
- improving retention.
To find out more about apprenticeships please visit the Government website Apprenticeships - Hire an apprentice. For an initial discussion on how we can support you, please contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone: 01332 956989.
Diversity and inclusion
We can help you to build a more diverse workforce through our bespoke recruitment service.
We can work with you to identify how your recruitment approach could become more inclusive and by utilising our recruitment channels; provide access to an increased and more diverse candidate pool.
By changing the way you recruit, you can connect with new applicants; unlocking talent that will bring benefit to your business.
Diversity within the workforce is evidenced to bring increased benefit to a business, including:
- supporting your commitment to corporate social responsibility
- being more competitive in procurement, in line with the Social Value Act
- having a diverse skill set within your business
- having a variety of ideas and experience within your business
- increased language and cultural awareness
- increased employee engagement and retention.
The CIPD website has published further information on the benefits of an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Data and informed decision making
We can provide analytics and labour market information (LMI) on the roles you are attempting to fill.
We can also provide data on wider sector recruitment activity or drill down into specifics you are interested in. This can help identify trends, competition, and inform your recruitment approach
Examples of job vacancy data we can provide:
- Information Technology and Telecommunications skills demand in Derby
- Economic overview - manufacturing skills in Derby
This forms part of our package of support along with the wider skills LMI, we can provide.
Recruitment is not a stand-alone, it forms part of your workforce development and skills strategy. Sometimes recruitment is not the solution; the solution may lie in upskilling and career progression. We can discuss this with you.
In this section, we provide examples of the impact of Derby Jobs activity. This will help you decide on the package of support you require to best meet your recruitment needs.
Derby Jobs launched in November 2021 and to date, we have supported 185 employers to fill over 450 jobs. We held a Derby Jobs celebration event on 24 January 2023 highlighting our success to date. 80 partners and employers attended to hear about our impact which can be viewed in the following presentations.
Derby Jobs Live
To date, we have delivered 15 Derby Jobs Live events engaging with over 600 job seekers. This has resulted in over 200 jobs being filled. Following are two of the success stories from the Derby Jobs Live events.
- Derby Jobs Live case study: Employer case study - Derbyshire Constabulary
- Derby Jobs Live case study: Employer case study - Toyota
Derby Jobs Café
To date, we have delivered 2 Derby Jobs Café events engaging with over 300 job seekers and 40 employers. This has resulted in over 50 jobs being filled.
- Derby Jobs Café success story - deprived wards.
- Derby Jobs Café success story - refugee and minority ethnic communities recruitment event
Training in2 employment
To date, we have delivered over 40 Training in2 Employment programmes engaging with over 400 job seekers and over 25 employers. This has resulted in over 250 jobs being filled.
- Derby Jobs Training in2 Employment case study - trent barton
- Derby Jobs Training in2 Employment case study - Job seeker case study - DHU
More information is on the Training in2 Employment page.
Derby Jobs Connect
This is a bespoke service for employers, organised on request.
- Derby Jobs Connect: GXO Ted Baker and Derby College for the Deaf
- Derby Jobs Connect: Cosy Direct and Transition2