Flyposting is the display of advertising on buildings and street furniture, such as bins and lampposts, without the consent of the owner. Flyposting can be unsightly and can make an area feel unsafe and uncared for.
We are responsible for keeping the city clean and free of litter and remove flyposting wherever we can.
There are three main types of flyposting:
- Advertising for local events, such as adverts for bands playing in pubs or for a local car boot sale.
- Posters advertising products of large organisations and put up by professional poster companies.
- Posters displayed by pressure groups or political bodies.
What can I do if my property has flyposting on it?
We offer a flyposting removal service from private property. If you need to report flyposting, give as much information as you can.
What can I do if I see flyposting on someone else's property?
If you need to report flyposting, give as much information as you can so that we can deal with the problem quickly. If the flyposting is on someone else's property, we may need to get permission to remove it.
Is there any flyposting that can't be removed?
We are unable to remove flyposting:
- from heights or where specialist training or equipment is needed
- from surfaces where its removal would cause further damage.