New national restrictions are in place - check out the latest COVID-19 guidance.
Meeting housing needs of people with physical disabilities
We're all more aware than ever of the gap between the demand for our services and our limited resources to meet that demand. One area where this 'gap' is particularly severe is in meeting the housing needs of people with physical disabilities.
In order to assess this shortfall, and to set out the most effective way to respond, we commissioned a piece of detailed research in partnership with 14 other councils in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
The research looked into:
- what councils are currently doing
- what suitable housing is already available
- where the 'gaps' are.
It also made forecasts or 'projections' about how the need for suitable housing is likely to grow in the years ahead to help us to plan for the future
You can read more about the research, what it found out, and what it recommends we do:
- download the full Disabled people's housing needs study for Derby
- download the shorter version Disabled people's housing needs study - executive summary for Derby
- download the Disabled people's housing needs study - combined report for all Councils in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire that took part.