Information you will need to provide
Your assessment will be at the Council House or at a home visit. It will take between one and two hours.
You will need to provide details of your circumstances and must provide proof of your:
- identity, such as your passport or ID card
- eviction notice and tenancy agreement, if you’ve been asked to leave by your landlord
- income, such as bank statements, wage slips, or proof of all benefits
- children, such as your child benefit or tax credit letter and birth certificates
- pregnancy, such as a letter from your doctor or midwife, or your MATB1 form
- medical conditions, such as a letter from your doctor or hospital or copies of your prescriptions
- immigration status, such as a passport or other document that shows you have the right to live in the UK.